- This event has passed.
What is the Lollapalooza Festival?Created by Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrel as a farewell tour for the band, Lollapalooza (or Lolla) has overgrown its format and has become the full-grown iconic music festival that gathers more than 160,000 fans every year in Chicago, IL. Lolla includes, but does not limit itself with the genres of alternative rock, punk, hip hop, metal and dance music. What’s more important, the festival is more than just music: it’s about sustainability, the prosperity of culture and visual art, and non-profit activism. Lollapalooza has also made further expansions, and, like Ultra Music Festival, has child fests in Paris, Berlin, Santiago, Saõ Paolo, and Buenos Aires.
How Much Do The Lollapalooza Festival Tickets Cost?The prices for the Lollapalooza 2020 start at $340 for the 4-day pass, according to the ticket provider StubHub (prices are subject to changes), with the average price of $254. You can choose from:
- General Admission.
- General Admission + (private lounges and restrooms, discounts on drinks).
- VIP (premium lounges, golf cart transportation between the North and South Lolla Zones, elevated viewing platforms).
- Platinum (luxurious climate-controlled North & South Lounges, premium viewing areas in front of four stages, access to on-stage viewing,
- All-day pass: from $340
- Day 1 pass: from $188
- Day 2 pass: from $194
- Day 3 pass: from $202
- Day 4 pass: from $172
What Are The Lollapalooza Dates?This year’s Lolla starts on Thursday, July 30, and will last for 4 days, until Sunday, August 2.
What Is The Lollapalooza 2020 Lineup?This year’s lineup hasn’t been announced yet but the 2019 edition featured Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, The Strokes, Tame Impala, The Chainsmokers and more. Grab the poster with the full Lollapalooza 2019 lineup below!
What Is The Lollapalooza Schedule This Year?The organizers have not announced the day-to-day schedule of the festival yet. Follow us on the socials to get the latest updates about the Lollapalooza 2020 schedule!
Where Is Lolla 2020 Held?This year’s Lollapalooza festival location is Grant Park, which is in Chicago, IL. The venue can be found at the address 337 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601.
Where To Stay During Lollapalooza 2020?Unfortunately, the Lolla organizers do not offer any camping for the fest attendees. Check out the available hotels in Chicago, IL and nearby. There are dozens of places to stay near the Lollapalooza, and the average prices are $240 per night. Sharing the room with your friends can drop the price.
Find The Available Hotels Near The Lollapalooza Festival Right Now Using The Hotelscombined Search
How To Get To The Lollapalooza Festival?To get to Lolla, you can choose one of the following transportation options:
- Public Transport: the Chicago Transit Authority has the bus routes to Grant Park from the focal city places and both Chicago Airports. Use GoRoo for route planning.
- Taxi: get dropped off at the gates near Congress and Michigan Avenue, or Columbus and Monroe.
- Car: follow the directions of your preferred navigation app. Additionally, you may need the parking pass for your vehicle. The price of the parking pass ranges from $5 to $35 per day. To find and book the available parking spots near Lolla, use ParkWhiz.
Tips for the safe and quick way to the Lollapalooza festival:
- Traffic is subject to change, so be careful of the traffic jams, and plan your route wisely.
- Follow the signs and obey all the traffic laws.
- Book your plane/bus tickets and parking spots beforehand to save money on early prices.
Lollapalooza Festival 2019 Trailer
Frequently Answered Question
How old do you have to be to attend the Lollapalooza Festival?To attend the Lollapalooza festival, you should be at least _ years old. Every attendee below this age should be accompanied by the adult guardian.
What to wear for the Lollapalooza Festival?Shine bright like a diamond, but don’t forget about the comfort. A pair of shorts and a T-Shirt, sundress or a tank top always make a perfect combination for the great Lollapalooza festival outfits. Do not forget about the warm clothing for the night’s cold. Always put on the comfortable shoes that will let you dance and walk a lot. Shop Festival Outfits
How much does it cost to go to Lollapalooza?The ticket for the festival starts at $421. The hotel in Chicago, IL will cost at least $240 per night (prices may grow right before the festival, so book it in advance). If you travel by plane, the airfare around the US costs $350 on average. Additionally, prepare the average $120 for food, drinks, and accidental shopping (merch, souvenirs).
What’s the attendance of this year’s Lollapalooza Festival?In 2019, around 165,000 fans will visit the Lollapalooza 2019.
What does Lollapalooza mean?The word “Lollapalooza” is a slang that describes an utterly attractive and impressive person, just like the 2020 festival is.
What to Bring with Yourself for Camping?The following items will be useful:
- Air mattress
- Portable music speaker/fan
- First aid kit
- Portable charger
- Baby wipes
- Air sofa